Communities of practice
within and across organizations
Etienne Wenger-Trayner, Beverly Wenger-Trayner, Phil Reid, Claude Bruderlein
a publication of the Social Learning Lab
What does it take to launch and sustain a community of practice initiative? This book helps guide individuals, teams, and organizations through the process.
It is for organizational leaders creating a conducive environment, community leaders launching and sustaining their communities, people in various roles facilitating meetings, activities, and the use of technology, and evaluators accounting for the value communities create.
It reflects the combined experiences of the authors in cultivating communities of practice within and across organizations.
On this page, you can:
- link to purchase the paperback
- read the book on your screen
- download the free PDF
If you want a printed copy, we published the book in full color on Amazon. The paperback version is currently available in the following markets:
Read on your screen
- To turn the pages, click on white arrows at the side of the pages
(on some browsers, you can just click on the pages themselves,
or use arrows on your keyboard)
- The size of pages grows and shrinks with your window
- You can choose to see only one page at a time by clicking on the page icon
Download the free PDF
- Click on the download icon (down arrow) in the control bar