bringing our design and facilitation skills to your events
Convening events that open spaces for significant learning is a delicate art.
We help design and run events with a view to developing the learning capability of the group. This happens when participants take initiative, use their imagination, and express their uncertainties–creating a space in which they can learn to make a difference they care to make, individually and collectively.
We have a long experience of supporting the convening of events to give this much-needed social learning twist. It is especially useful in the convening of complex events that bring together multiple voices and perspectives. It includes dealing with conflictual situations and difficult cross-boundary encounters.
We can support conveners in preparation, design, facilitation, and follow-up.
We can also host your event at our Lab in Sesimbra, Portugal.
We can work with you to prepare for the event, including:
- Frame the vision and develop a value proposition compelling to multiple constituencies and institutional sponsors
- Interview potential participants and stakeholders
- Craft the invitation
- Decide on criteria for success and how to monitor indicators
We pay considerable attention to the design of agenda and activities. We can help:
- Prepare an agenda with a coherent flow to achieve the desired outcomes
- Design a variety of activities that engage participants
- Plan the use of tools for hybrid events so that online participants are equally involved and engaged
- Propose ideas for integrating ongoing evaluation in the process
We can help facilitate or co-facilitate the event:
- Running the agenda, while paying attention to what’s working and what’s not, and adjusting things dynamically as the event unfolds
- Watching out for groupthink and silenced voices
- Inviting participants to reflect on what is (or is not) happening
- Coaching facilitators interested in practicing our approach
We can also help reflect on the event, do the evaluation, and plan some follow-up:
- Carry out a reflection on the event and draw lessons for future events
- Help assess design, process, and outcomes, including collecting data and value-creation stories
- Develop a follow-up strategy to build on the outcome
- Prepare or contribute to a report about the event
Get in touch
if you would like to discuss our involvement in an event